Pages

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Fishing at School


We had a really fun day at school when we tried fishing. After we had read a book called Topsy and Tim go fishing, we made our own bright and colourful fish.  


We cut them out and attached paperclips to their mouths.



Mrs Calvert made rods from metre rulers and wool then attached magnets to the end of the wool. 

We all had a turn at fishing for our fish. Girls put all their fish in the pink bucket and boys in the blue.

Now we counted the fish to check who had caught more.  
We decided the boys had caught more fish because room 2 has more boys than girls his year.





We read, drew, coloured, cut and did maths about fishing and tomorrow we are going to write about it too. What a fun way to learn! 
                                  

12 comments:

  1. Hi room 2
    I remember attaching magnets to paper fishes, and playing the same game too. It was really fun! By the way, you made a spelling mistake on the second to last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room 2,
    Awesome story about your fishes. I might have a read of the book Topsy and Tim go fishing as well. Your photos look really cool and I would want to make a version of mine as well. Like Mengchun there is a spelling mistake in one of the paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Room 2
    I like the way you told what you guys did properly.
    I like the way you made beautiful fish.
    By the way I loved the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey room 2
    Awesome work guys keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Room 2

    I like how you made your own
    I like how you made awesome fishes
    I like the colors that you used
    Awesome work Room 2 keep up the blogging .

    From Amato

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey room2,

    I like how you make you made fishes, they look really cool. I like all the colors you guys used, keep up the good work.
    By: Haliano

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Room 2

    I like how you have done an activity based on what you have read. I think you are great learners, keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Room 2

    I like how you have done lots of different colors it looks so pretty. I think you guys and girls are going to be great when you grow up

    Great work

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you have done lots of different colors it looks so pretty . I think you guys and girls are going to be great when you grow up .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Guys
    It seems like you had a lot of fun going "fishing". How many did each bucket get? This seems like a very fun activity you did

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have a nice blog but you have to check if it makes sence befor you put it up on the blog

    ReplyDelete